Friday, June 11, 2010

Some Things Just Make Me Laugh

So i'm riding down the highway yesterday and an SUV swerves over in front of the vehicle i'm riding in at the last minute.  We were coming up on a lane merger due to road construction and apparently there was much to be gained by risking an accident to be one spot closer to the end of a line of gridlocked vehicles.  Since we are just sitting there, and i'm doing some serious thinking about some blog comments and discussion i'm having at another site, I take a minute and focus on the back windshield of said SUV.  At that point I first noticed that some text was present.  I like to read and think so I focus on some Gothic-type lettering of about 16 point size that read "2 Fast 4 U, See Ya!"

I immediately began to laugh, and laughed harder the more I thought about it.  The driver was sitting in gridlock.  For at least 5 full minutes of waiting for what must have been at least 8 traffic light cycles, i'm staring at this statement that the vehicle ahead of me is too fast for me and he/she will see me later.  In fact, the text was so small from the standpoint of driving perspective, and in such an unorthodox lettering that it took a good bit of time to clearly decipher the message.  The fact that I had more than enough time to read the driver's statement that he/she was too fast for me was enough to bring up another round of laughter.  In fact, the only situation in which I could think the message would even be applicable would be on the interstate where he/she would be passing people at a decent clip.  In that situation, in the only situation that would even warrant having that lettering on the back of the vehicle, no one could even read the message.  I just kept thinking to myself, the only way the message makes sense is if no one is able to read it.

I'm not going to take the time to make some grand statement about logic and taking two minutes to engage the brain to think about the possible ramifications of actions, but instead just let it go.  In fact, i'm tempted to say that the message and the effort it took to produce it was a complete waste of time, but I did get a great laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing a comment to this site. Please keep the comments civil and respectful and the language clean.